Dental FX, working in conjunction with Anne Arundel County, has opened Maryland’s newest GREEN dental office in Maryland. Dental FX is an OSHA certified practice that has created an environment that takes the dental experience to the next level, including state-of-the-art equipment, digital x-rays and the latest instrumentation all in-house.
To ensure patient safety the practice not only complies with ADA, CDC, and OSHA recommendations and regulations but goes beyond what is required and voluntarily requesting an assessment from the state to ensure continued safety. Although the state regulations do not require certification we are part of a small minority, less than 10%, that always possesses a compliance certification and we are very proud of this because we care about you!
The Dental FX Experience
Dental FX’s new 3,800 square foot, eco-friendly “green” space reduces the anxiety associated with dental treatments by providing a calm, spa-like atmosphere. Dental FX breaks the aesthetic mold of a typical health care office. In the treatment rooms, patients relax to their favorite music and movies on flat screen televisions. The waiting rooms have Wi-Fi capabilities for patients that need to stay connected. In addition, the office provides concierge services with complimentary beverages and a coffee bar, while the third floor boasts a surround sound movie theatre with luxurious leather recliners for ultimate comfort and relaxation.
Dental FX is leading the industry in recycling efforts. Dental FX is currently working towards a paperless office that will ultimately eliminate paper waste altogether with computers in every treatment room, digital x-rays and green technology. In addition, all beverages from the complimentary coffee bar are served in glass mugs to reduce paper product disposal.
Environmentally conscious renovations
Dental FX’s environmentally conscious renovations include, but are not limited to the following:
• Mercury-Free Environment
• Hydraulic-Free, Energy-Efficient Elevator
• Recycled Flooring and Countertop Materials
• Chemical-Free Steam-Based Sterilization
• Computerized Charting to Reduce Paper Usage
• Special techniques to safely remove Amalgam/Silver/”Mercury” fillings
• Use of Recycled Paper Products only
• Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products
• Digital Imaging to Reduce Radiation
• Non-Toxic Paint
Dental FX worked closely with Purgistics, a Baltimore-based commercial furniture dealership, to furnish the facility according to the U.S. Green Building Council and LEED certified standards. Purgistics provided furniture by suppliers that share Dr. Yu’s commitment to the environment.
• The furniture is made of 98% recycled and recovered materials from sustainable forests and other well-managed sources of wood fiber. Each piece was produced in accordance with ISO 14001 Certification and ISO 9001 Certification.
• The office’s conference table is from Rudnick S.A., a Brazilian corporation with stringent environmental policies and programs. At each of Rudnick S.A.’s five plants there are excellent Water Resource Management programs in effect, as well as Solid Residue Treatment facilities. Rudnick S.A. also operates a reforestation unit with 466,557 trees in a 3,941,600 mile area.
• The office’s reception station was created from a combination of LEED qualifying recycled metal and reused wood panels provided by Treefrog veneer, an eco-friendly company and member of the “1% for The Planet,” a business alliance group that contributes 1% of its sales to environment organizations worldwide.
LEED Qualifying Flooring
Dental FX worked with One Stop Flooring to secure sustainable, LEED qualifying materials for the office’s flooring needs. VCT Tile and Duraceramic, which are recyclable tiles made of vinyl and limestone composite, were chose for the restrooms, stairwells, lobby and surgical sterile rooms. In addition, Bamboo flooring by Teragren and 100% recyclable carpet by Mohawk Flooring were also used through the office.
Hydraulic-Free, Energy-Efficient Elevator
Dental FX’s office boasts the KONE EcoSpace elevator, a hydraulic-free, energy efficient elevator. The elevator’s efficiency is three times that of a hydraulic power unit and uses 60% less energy.